Monday, February 5, 2007

Gravity

My new hobby is to throw things up into the air and see if I can get them to land on my head - things like game pieces, coins, and toys. I'm getting pretty good at it. The trick is to not use anything that's too heavy. That way I get a better bounce off my head.

Something wierd happened today, though. I was throwing up a quarter, waiting for it to hit my head or land on the floor, and then picking it up and doing it all over. Then one time, I threw it up and it disappeared. My dad told me that for it to reappear, I should close my eyes, put my hand in my pocket, and jump on one foot. Sure enough, when I did that, the coin dropped.

So, I kept throwing and dropping the coin again until, it suddenly disappeared again! This time, my dad didn't even have to tell me. I immediately put my hand in my pocket, closed my eyes, and jumped on one foot. And the coin dropped again! My folks thought it was so funny, but I figure if you follow the instructions right, it's bound to work.

Well, after a few times through that same cycle, I think I started to catch on. Dad was just catching the coin out of mid-air when I couldn't see. And when I'd do the hand-in-pocket, eyes-closed, one-footed jump, he would just drop it again while I had my eyes shut. He and Mama had a good laugh about it. They're going to laugh even harder when I put a snake in their bed...

1 comment:

Eric Eastman said...

It would be great if you could ride your bike to our house to play. It's warming up here, too.