Sunday, July 6, 2008

Black Pudding

Yesterday, I did something else my ancestors might have done: I tried black pudding. Black pudding is part of a traditional English breakfast, along with baked beans, grilled tomatoes, fried mushrooms, bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and toast.

I didn't eat all of those things, but I did try some black pudding. The first bite was alright, but by the second bite I couldn't do any more. When we got back to the hotel room and did a Google search for black pudding, I realized why.

Black pudding is also known as blood pudding, as in you make it by cooking blood with a thickener until it congeals.

My ancestors may have eaten blood pudding, but I think I've had enough to last a lifetime.

1 comment:

Lucile Eastman said...

Sounds nummy! You might want to try vegemite from Australia. Just smelling that is enough.