Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Aunt Fireman Sam

I just found out that Aunt Sam died yesterday.

We sometimes called her Aunt Fireman Sam. She wasn't really a fireman. We just called her that after a cartoon in the UK called Fireman Sam to the Rescue. It was a term of endearment. Sometimes McKenzie would call her Grandma by mistake. Aunt Sam didn't think she was old enough to be called 'Grandma'.

When I said the prayer tonight, I said, "Please bless Aunt Sam that she'll feel better and that she'll be alive again." Isn't that what we all wish for?

McKenzie asked a lot of questions, like:

Q: How long will Aunt Sam be dead? (Like me, McKenzie knows that Aunt Sam, like all of us, will live again.)
A: A long time.
Q (to daddy): Will you die?
A: Not for a long time.
Q: Not for a long time?
A: I'll live for a long time.
Q: Did Aunt Sam live for a long time?
A: Not long enough.
McKenzie: I miss Aunt Sam.

1 comment:

Eric Eastman said...

Aunt Sam is with Jesus, and He took only 3 days to resurrect. Aunt Sam will take a little longer, but not much.

Grandpa Eastman