Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Funeral

It was a hard week with the passing of Aunt Sam, but the funeral and other arrangements helped put it into perspective, and having lots of family around made it a little better.

I made friends with my cousin Noah. I drew a map to his hotel room so I wouldn't forget how to get there (it was across the hall from our hotel room). McKenzie made friends with Maggie (Noah's sister).

Josie made friends with everyone. She was so sweet and agreeable the whole time. Even Uncle Matt couldn't resist her.1


1 Which is pretty good, since Matt used to eat babies.2

2 Just kidding. Uncle Matt used to deliver babies and I don't think he ate any of them. As you can see from the picture, he's a baby charmer.

3 comments:

Kim said...

EVEN uncle Matt? Why EVEN? Am I some evil grinch who's heart is only penetrable by the most agreeable of babies? I think Josie and I got on so well because she could recognize the softness of my heart. She snuggled up to me and was quickly an unconscious wet noodle. I speak out in my own defense! I'll not tolerate this slander! I demand a retraction from the editor!

Justin said...

Because its voice is loud and far-reaching, Delete the Adjectives recognizes an ethical responsibility to correct all its factual errors, large and small. As such, Uncle Matt's objection has been addressed.

Kim said...

Thanks to the editor. I feel better... sort of.