Friday, May 16, 2008

Bonjour

I just got back from a week in Paris. Daddy had to do some work there, so we decided to tag along.

We took the Eurostar train. It's about a two hour train ride that goes from London St. Pancras station to Paris Gare du Nord. It goes under the English Channel to get there. We left around 9am last Saturday. A couple of hours later, Mama told me we were in Paris.

"Where's the Eiffel Tower. I can't see it." I announced, loud enough for the whole train car to hear.

I got a few chuckles from that one. The Eiffel Tower is nowhere near Gare du Nord. Not to mention that you can't see it from inside a train station.

We stayed in Paris from Saturday until yesterday (Thursday). We had a lot of fun. I'll tell you all about it and share pictures in my upcoming posts. Until then, au revoir.

2 comments:

Lucile Eastman said...

What a world traveler! I'm pretty jealous.

Renee (and Eric) said...

Wow!!! Benjamin will be so excited when I show him these pictures tomorrow. One of his favorite train books has a fold out page--so a four page spread showing the Eurostar. He's been dreaming of riding that train for a long time! Too bad I couldn't just send him over to ride trains and travel with you.

We're getting ready for summer fun--the pool is open now and we're ready for some good swimming.

Glad to read about your fun adventures.