Saturday, May 31, 2008

Half Term

It was half term this week. That means that I didn't have school all week. We filled up the time with a lot of activities. I'm worn out.

On Monday, we took the bus tour I told you about in my last posts.

On Wednesday, I went to a jump zone with my Iranian friend, Danny. Actually, Danny was born in the UK, but his parents are from Iran. I told him I was sorry about the whole Shah thing. He said he didn't hold me responsible. Now we're allies.

On Thursday, I went to the Natural History Museum with my Jamaican friends, Kae and Lynden. Actually, they're more British than they are Jamaican, but they do have Jamaican blood in them.

On Friday, I was supposed to go to the London Aquarium with my Russian friend, Katrina. She couldn't make it, though, so we went ahead without her. We realized that we've already been to the best aquariums in the world (the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, and the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta). The aquariums in Paris and London are okay, but they don't compare.

On Friday night, I had my first sleep over. Kae and Lynden came over and spent the night.

On Saturday, we went to Richmond and walked around. Richmond is a short train ride west of here. It's known for being a posh inner suburb of London. Mick Jagger lives there (the Rolling Stones were discovered there). We walked along the River Thames and up to the highest point in Richmond Park. It's a pretty place. I can see why Mick Jagger gets his satisfaction there.

2 comments:

Lucile Eastman said...

I do love these tours. I can see why you would be worn out. Beautiful green along the river. Thanks for sharing it all with us.

Eric Eastman said...

Neat pictures and neat multi-national experiences and friendships!

Did you guys watch the National Geographic piece on Stonehenge tonight? It was interesting, but they could have done it in an hour instead of two.