Monday, August 4, 2008

Bekonscot Village

Saturday was my birthday. I turned four. To celebrate, we went to the Bekonscot Model Village in Beaconsfield. To get there, we took a train to London Victoria, then a bus (a double-decker) to Marylebone Station, then another train to Beaconsfield.

Bekonscot is the oldest model village in the world. It's big, too. It had a model zoo, model churches, and model country clubs and a golf course. My favorites were the model trains. They would stop at the stations for a few minutes as if to pick up passengers, then they would move on. McKenzie's favorites were the model playgrounds, complete with slides and swings.

After we got home, we had a bunch of friends over for dinner and birthday cake. You can read about that on Mama's blog.

Besides getting to ride on trains and double-decker buses and getting to see the coolest model village, I got some other things for my birthday. I got a toy pirate ship, some books to read, and a new train. I wish I could have a birthday everyday.

No comments: