Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Favorite Books

My Aunt Rach's blog has a cool feature. It has a list of her 10 favorite books. I liked the idea so much, I put together a list of my own 10 favorite books. I asked Mama and Daddy for their's too. Feel free to comment with your own list.

Here are mine:

  1. I Am a Child of God: A Sing-Along Book of Favorite Primary Songs by Carolyn Croll
  2. The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone
  3. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
  4. I'm a Truck by Dennis Shealy
  5. Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina
  6. Dr. Seuss's ABC by Dr. Seuss
  7. Hippos Go Berzerk by Sandra Boynton
  8. The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton
  9. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
  10. Stone Soup by Ann McGovern

Here are Mama's favorites:

  1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
  2. These is My Words by Nancy Turner
  3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  4. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  5. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
  6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  7. The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
  8. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
  9. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
  10. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

And here's Daddy's top 10:

  1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  2. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
  3. A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn
  4. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  5. For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
  6. The Chosen by Chaim Potok
  7. All the President's Men by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein
  8. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  9. The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
  10. Ten Philosophical Mistakes by Mortimer Adler

By the way Happy New Year. I didn't know what New Year's Day was all about, until Daddy explained that it's the Julian calendar's birthday. "Oh," I said. "Now I get it."

1 comment:

Rach said...

I was going to put your list on my blog, but this is better. I love Hippos Go Berzerk, too.