Thursday, January 31, 2008

Palau Nacional

After we finished up at the Sagrada Familia, we took a train to the Gracia neighborhood and found a place to eat. We ate at Can Punyetes. The food was good, but the floor was kind of hard. I lost my balance when I was sitting in my chair and did a face-plant on the floor. Spanish food is a lot about tapas, but tostadas seem popular too. Tostadas are toast with stuff on it like cheese or tomatoes.

Before we headed home, we checked out the huge fountains at Palau Nacional near the Espanya metro station. The fountains were the coolest I've seen in my many years of travel (that includes Buckingham Fountain in Chicago, the fountains on Temple Square in Salt Lake City, andthe fountain in the shopping center near our old house in North Carolina).

There must have been at least a hundred stairs from the bottom of the fountains to the top. We walked them all. At the top is the Palau Nacional, which apparently has a bunch of art inside. We skipped the art. The fountains were enough.

No comments: