Monday, January 28, 2008

Viva España

We went to Barcelona last week. Daddy took a few days off work and we took a little trip. We got some cheap flights from EasyJet. It was like £30 per person round trip. EasyJet is like the Southwest Airlines of Europe.

We saw some cool stuff in Barcelona. I'll show you some pictures in upcoming posts. For now, I'll just tell you about our flight to Spain. At first, it was a real bummer. After we boarded, the pilot told us we'd have to sit for a couple of hours even before they could take off. There were air traffic control problems over France. After sitting for an hour or so, I had to go to the bathroom. When Mama took me to the bathroom, one of the stewardesses saw me and asked if I wanted to see the flight deck (I think she was flirting with me). She checked with the pilots and they said "Sure! Come on in."

It was sweet. They lit up the control panel for me. They showed me where the button is for the windshield wipers. They showed me where the steering wheel is... actually it's not a wheel; it's a lever. I even got to sit in the co-pilot's seat.

When we went back to our seats, we told Daddy all about it. He was so jealous. Maybe next time he'll take me to the bathroom...

No comments: